Sunday, October 10, 2010

What is this fruit?

It grows in abundance here in Northern California on pretty trees that bloom with pink flowers. I think it's Asian, but I can't find any information on it. It tastes fantastic! Like a ball of apricot jam with many textures. It's hard to describe the taste, the appearance is easier to write about. The outside is completely round, yet bumpy to the touch. The bumps are right red dots with a translucent background that reveals the inside color. The inside is a bright orange. My snap shot above does not show it's beauty. It's quite beautiful in person.

TODAY:
Water- 1 liter
Sun- Outside workout.
Sweat- During the 4th & 5th round of exercises.
Strength- 100 (5 sets x 20 reps) of the following; step hops, (jump up) pull-ups, stair climbs, hanging leg-lifts, clap jump-jacks.
Stretch- Nothing yet. I'll it something tonight.
Sweets- Lemonade / Bowl of mashed peaches & Mystery fruit!
Veggies- pomegranate seeds mixed into sliced cucumber & zucchini with raw tomato-basil sauce
Courage- Posting my new website on Sunday Is For Lovers. -Eek!
Creativity- Working on my AimeeLovesYou website & blogging.
Bliss!- Strength training in the park with my nephew. -Yay!

UPDATE:
My friend Anne solved it!
Here is a link to the info on the mystery fruit...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbutus
Thanks Anne! :) Xo!

4 comments:

Maite Ikaran said...

Hey Aimee

We have those in Spain too, a typical tree from the Mediterranean climate. No idea of the name in english.... check this!

http://maiteikaran.blogspot.com/2009/10/frutos-bravios-arbutus-unedo.html

By the way, congratulations on your new web site... good job!

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Fantastic photos Maite. I wish I would have saw that post before I did my post. :) I would have stolen one of your pics! ...& given you credit of course. ;)

Funny about the alcohol thing. I ate one yesterday that was too ripe & it tasted like I drank some liquor! I had to spit it out. It was too intense for me. Really caught me off-guard. What a surprise. ;D)

I really like your new blog header. Looks beautiful. I like the illustration Fernando did of your name. The photo & that together look great. Perfect pairing.

Thanks for the website congrats. :) I'm happy that I finally got it out there. Yay! ;D)

Sending good vibes to Spain for you..

Xo!
A.

greenmama! said...

Hi Aimee,

According to Wikipedia, arbutus unedo is also known as the Strawberry Tree. Supposedly, the fruit is not so delicious and that is why it got its name. Sounds like you enjoyed it, though!

Marjorie

AIMEELOVESYOU said...

Hi Marjorie,

If it's ripe (squishy-soft), it's very tasty! :)

Blog directory